moral calculation by our betters leaves them better off than us. coincidence!
The real benefit for society of a journalists’ shield law is that it protects sources, allowing whistle-blowers or other insiders to expose wrongdoing in government and the private sector.
``I must give him his due. He has considerably cretinized me.'' Lautréamont
Pics click to enlarge.
- ► 2016 (35)
- ► 2015 (66)
- ► 2014 (185)
- ► 2013 (116)
- ► 2012 (118)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (146)
- ► 2008 (263)
- Why So Little Posting?
- Cleaning Up the Clean Water Act (NYT)
- Good News for Middle Schoolers (NYT)
- War Without End (NYT)
- The Scent of Lilacs (NYT)
- A Dangerously Depleted Guard (NYT)
- The Immigration Deal (NYT)
- Appointed Hobblers of Government (NYT)
- Private Equity Goes Prime Time (NYT)
- Rudeness, Realism and Russia (NYT)
- Rose Garden Charade (NYT)
- Bringing Lobbyists to Heel (NYT)
- End of the Affair (NYT)
- The Unkept Promise on Voting (NYT)
- The New French President’s Roots Are Worth Remembe...
- Cameras in the Courts (NYT)
- Mammograms in Decline (NYT)
- In Divided New Orleans (NYT)
- In Los Angeles, Where the Police Were Unable to Co...
- The Mayor Strikes a Nerve (NYT)
- Iran’s American Prisoner (NYT)
- A Feeble Performance (NYT)
- In Forgotten New Orleans, Life and Hope Stir at th...
- Still Best in Show (NYT)
- After the Pet Food Contamination (NYT)
- The Soft Bigotry of Iraq (NYT)
- Unwanted Folk (NYT)
- Toward a Federal Shield Law (NYT)
- An Exit Strategy for Guantanamo (NYT)
- Dirty Tricks by Phone (NYT)
- The Other Boot (NYT)
- Family Values, Betrayed (NYT)
- The Gipper as Diarist (NYT)
- My Warming Garden (NYT)
- Denial and Democracy in Egypt (NYT)
- A Scandal That Keeps Growing (NYT)
- ▼ May (36)
- ► 2006 (1223)