medical costs are soaring because of third party payments
third party payments are needed because of soaring medical costs
you can actually figure this out if you're not liberal. side effects never trump good intentions, if you're a liberal.
rely instead on what used to work, namely charitable work by doctors, in the form of fees that are tailored to the ability to pay.
it used to be the standard economic example of variable pricing. all that's needed is that the product be nontransferrable, which is certainly true of medical services.
President Bush’s shortsighted ideological opposition to a highly successful children’s health program would leave millions of children without health insurance at a time when medical costs are soaring.
``I must give him his due. He has considerably cretinized me.'' Lautréamont
Pics click to enlarge.
- ► 2018 (9)
- ► 2016 (35)
- ► 2015 (66)
- ► 2014 (185)
- ► 2013 (116)
- ► 2012 (118)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (146)
- ► 2008 (263)
- YouDebate: If Only the Candidates Were as Interest...
- The Anti-Reform Farm Bill (NYT)
- Taxes in the Global Economy (NYT)
- No Exit Strategy (NYT)
- Just What the Founders Feared: An Imperial Preside...
- Phantom Voters in New York (NYT)
- How the Energy Dice Were Loaded (NYT)
- What Would a Diplomat Do? (NYT)
- FEMA Runs for Cover (NYT)
- Power Without Limits (NYT)
- Vetoing Children’s Health (NYT)
- Overhaul in Albany (NYT)
- Long-Delayed Security (NYT)
- The Iraq War Debate: A Reality Check on Military S...
- The Iraq War Debate: The Great Denier (NYT)
- Trying Times Ahead: The Prospect of 60 Million Cal...
- Fighting AIDS Behind Bars (NYT)
- Where to Discuss the Nation’s Ills (NYT)
- The Politics of Fear (NYT)
- The Road Home (NYT)
- Appreciations: Beverly Sills (NYT)
- In Politics, Money Is Trump Card (NYT)
- Looking Outward on the Fourth (NYT)
- Origins of Our Food (NYT)
- Cats Among Us (NYT)
- The N.R.A.’s Senate (NYT)
- Is Your Doctor Tied to Drug Makers? (NYT)
- A Much-Needed Second Chance (NYT)
- The City Life: Predatory Newcomers Flit About (NYT)
- Let Blair Be Blair (NYT)
- Abuse of Executive Privilege (NYT)
- ▼ July (31)
- ► 2006 (1223)